I love me some chili and one of my favorite recipes is for Chicken Chili. Laura Isaacson got me hooked on this and of course had to let me know how to make it. We have it with brown rice or sometimes with corn bread muffins. The kids really like it even though it has good for them stuff in it. I always make at least a double batch since it freezes so well and Ed likes to take it to work for lunch. So I'm passing this recipe on to you! Thanks Laura! ENJOY!
Chicken Chili (serves 8+)
1 28 ounce Italian Style Stwed tomatoes
Up to 5 skinless/boneless chicken breasts
1 can defatted chicken broth
1 lg yellow onion, chopped
2 Tbs chopped garlic
2 med zucchini cut in 1 inch cubes
2 red bell peppers cut in 1 inch cubes
2 small cans chopped green chilis
1 can sliced olives
2 Tbs chili powder (or to taste)
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp allspice
1 can dark red kidney beans (drained)
1 Tbsp lemon (fresh) juice
4 Tbsp parsley
Fresh ground black pepper
Garnish w/chedder cheese and sour cream
1. Bake chicken @ 375 for 20-25 min in a covered shallow pan.
2. Place 1/2 cup chicken broth in lg, heavy pot. Add onion and garlic. Cook 3 min over low heat stirring occassionally.
3. Add zuchini, red peppers, & remaining broth. Cook covered 8 min.
4. Add tomatoes w/liquid, spices, chilis & olives. Simmer uncovered for 3min.
5. Add chicken, kidney beans, lemon juice and 2 Tbsp parsley, and pepper. Simmer 10-12 min, stirring occasionally.
Adjust seasoning to taste and stir in remaining parsley. Serve over rice garnish as desired.