Sunday, June 27, 2010

Throwback Thursday Project in the nick of time!

Emma at My Crative Time had another Throwback Thursday Challenge for everyone. This time she went back to the Doodlecharms Cricut Cartridge and challenged us to make a scrapbook layout. The only thing was, the anual Brew Club Campout started at noon on Friday and wouldn't ya know I had a migrain on Thursday...Not to worry, I took my good friend Gypsy (Rose Lee) and spent some quiet camping time with her! I actually had come up with a layout for our Hawaii Album but changed my mine (it's a girls perogative!) and came up with this instead.




Doodlecharms has so many great cuts but when I looked at some of the other posts, most of my favorites had been used. That said, I tried to go in a bit of a different direction. There are actually 2 Doodlecharms cuts here.
1. The trees are the boarder function on page 125. Perfect spruce tree look!
2. The stick frames are made by using Rose Lee to weld the sticks on page 95. (I'm getting more adventurous with each use of my Gypsy!)

My cardstock was all Bazzill, the patterned paper is from We R Memory Keepers (Grandma's Kitchen I think). I used the Stamped Cartridge to do the lettering. I am kinda thinking about doing some doodling on the trees but not sure yet.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed my take on this challenge. Click on Emma's blinkie on the side of the page to see her WONDERFUL sight!

2 comments:

My Creative Time said...

WOW, you & Rose Lee have outdone yourselves! This layout is FANTASTIC!
Thank you for playing along for my throwback Thursday challenge!
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

Tammie said...

Love this layout! I really like all the different shades of green for the trees - looks great!